Rate of Pay:
Substitute Teacher Rate increase to $100/day.
Non-Professional Substitute Rate (custodian, secretaries, aides, etc.) $10.82/hr.
***Please note if you have committed to substitute for a two week period you cannot cancel unless contacting the Central Office, 724-446-7272 ext. 1001.
Yough School District is always looking for substitute aides, secretaries, custodians, and nurses (RN) requires Act 34, Act 151, and FBI clearances.
Send complete packet, including application, letter of interest, clearances, certificate (if teaching), TB test, physical exam, and resume to:
Dr. Janet Sardon
Yough School District
915 Lowber Road
Herminie, PA 15637-1219
Current Open Positions
The Yough School District is looking for Personal Care Aide (PCA) Substitutes . If interested, please contact Sarah Espey at 724-446-7272 ext. 1001 or Dawn Hildenbrand at 724-446-7272 ext.1004 for details.
The Yough School District is looking for substitute teachers. If interested, please contact Sarah Espey at 724-446-7272 ext. 1001 for details.
The rate of pay is $100.00/ day. Substitutes must have any of the three, but do NOT need to have all three of the following:
1. Pennsylvania Teacher Certified
2. Completed a teacher program and are awaiting certification
3. Hold a Bachelor Degree
Pennsylvania Department of Education. The following clearances are required for employment:
Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Click here to apply online OR
- Click here to download the form for printing and mailing
- Child Abuse Clearance Instructions.pdf
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) report-PDE
- Click here to register online. The service code for employees is 1KG6XN. The service code for volunteers is 1KG6Y3. After you register online, you will need to visit an Identogo fingerprint facility. The Identogo website includes a map noting where these facilities are located throughout Pennsylvania
NEW APPLICANTS: You must complete the required Act 168 Disclosure Release prior to employment.
Pre-Employment Sexual Abuse/Misconduct Disclosure (168)