We're excited to announce that we have partnered with ESS to manage our substitute teacher and substitute personal care aide program. The seasoned educational personnel and management firm has more than two decades of experience providing trained and qualified substitute staff to school districts. We are confident that this partnership will benefit our schools, our incredible substitute staff, and our community as a whole!
ESS offers excellent employee perks, including health benefits, training, support, weekly pay, 401(k), bonus opportunities, award programs, and more. Plus, working as a substitute is extremely flexible- when, where, and how often you work is entirely up to you.
To get started, please create an ESS profile by following the instructions below:
• Go to www.ESS.comOpens in a new browser tab and click “Apply”
• Enter “Yough School District” and click "Apply Now"
• Select the position you would like to apply for and hit the “Apply” button
• Enter your email address and then click "Apply"
• Click “Start” to begin the application process
Substitute Nurse/Custodian Pay Rates
Rate of Pay:
Substitute Nurse Rate $115/day.
Non-Professional Substitute Rate (custodian) $13.00/hr.
Current Open Positions
Yough School District is always looking for substitute custodians, and nurses (RN) requires Act 34, Act 151, and FBI clearances.
Send complete packet, including application, letter of interest, clearances (Act 34, Act 151, and FBI Fingerprint), TB test, physical exam, and resume to:
Mr. Anthony R. DeMaro, Superintendent
Yough School District
915 Lowber Road
Herminie, PA 15637-1219
Nonprofessional Yough School District Application
Application Non-Professional 2022.pdf
Standard Pennsylvania Teaching Application
Pennsylvania Department of Education. The following clearances are required for employment:
Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Click here to apply online
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Click here to apply online OR
- Click here to download the form for printing and mailing
- Child Abuse Clearance Instructions.pdf
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) report-PDE
- Click here to register online. The service code for employees is 1KG6XN. The service code for volunteers is 1KG6ZJ. After you register online, you will need to visit an Identogo fingerprint facility. The Identogo website includes a map noting where these facilities are located throughout Pennsylvania
NEW APPLICANTS: You must complete the required Act 168 Disclosure Release prior to employment.
Pre-Employment Sexual Abuse/Misconduct Disclosure (168)
- Click here to download the form. Complete the top section and section 1 for each current/previous employer in which you had direct contact with children. Be sure to sign page 2 of each form. Yough SD will send these out to your past employers.
- Act 168 Procedures
- Act 168 FAQ